Our firm has a proven track record of handling the following types of cases:
Medical Malpractice/Personal Injury Claims
- Represented multiple clients in confidential medical malpractice claims.
- Represented client in automobile accident where client was rear-ended by distracted driver.
- Defended client in lawsuit arising from the crash of an Aero Commander 690B.
- Defended Part 135 “Air-taxi” operator against FAA civil penalty action arising from FAA mandated changed to Operations Specifications.
- Defended military and commercial pilots in multiple cases involving runway excursions from inclement weather, contaminated weather and issues promulgated from inaccurate weather reporting.
- Assisted defense of an FAA enforcement case involving flight into a Special Flight Rules Area (SFRA).
- Negotiated for reduced penalties in defense of FAA enforcement cases involving Controlled Flight Into Terrain and substance dependence.
- Defended case arising from an aircraft crash in SC involving multiple fatalities.
- Defended airports in slip-and-fall cases as well as cases involving the transportation of patrons in wheelchairs through jet bridges.
- As a part of the Nelson Mullins Southeastern Aviation Law Practice Group, assisted in representation of numerous commercial airlines, Part 135 operators and airports in civil litigation claims, FAA enforcement actions, and compliance issues.
Trucking and Transportation Law
- Assisted in defense of numerous multi-million dollar trucking fatality cases in SC involving allegations of improper operation and other human factors.
- Defended trucking accident arising out of illegal drag racing incident on a rural highway.
- Negotiated settlement of numerous claims resulting from non-fatal automobile and/or trucking collisions.
- Represented client involved in an automobile accident that occurred on Joint Base Charleston, SC.
Military/Veterans Legal Issues
- Defended senior Air Force leader in EUCOM against Commander Directed Investigation (“CDI”).
- Defended senior Air Force leader against CDI based on hearsay and flawed investigation.
- Defended Air Force pilot in Flight Evaluation Board arising out of C-17 accident.
- Represented civil servant in EEO claim against US Government.
- Defended active duty member in Article 15 proceeding.
Commercial and Contract Law
- Represented corporate landlord in a landlord/tenant lawsuit, obtaining a directed verdict in favor of the landlord.
- Defended multiple cases at trial involving commercial landlord/tenant matters.
- Obtained summary judgment in case worth $500,000 concerning limitations of liability claims for home inspectors.
- Defended volunteer at trial who participated in the reconstruction of a home for a disabled veteran.
- Assisted client in breach of contract claim against a local construction company.
- Assisted many businesses in collecting unpaid debts under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Actions included obtaining judgments in small claims court and filing liens on property.
- Represented client in a quantum meruit claim against a local merchant, obtaining a favorable result for the client.
- Represented insurance company in a declaratory judgment action against another insurance company.